Dr Mark Devenney
University of Brighton
Dr Paula Biglieri
University of Buenos Aires; Argentina
This project will secure a long-term partnership between UK and Argentinian scholars, and research centres, concerned with the politics, economics and ideology of populist movements of the left, in Europe and Latin America. The collaboration is distinguished by its comparative and theoretical methodologies. The populisms of the two continents are brought in to dialogue, while discourse theoretical tools are deployed to contrast the ideological signifiers, political strategies and socio-economic policies of populist movements. The collaboration will result in a set of publications, a website, workshops in Argentina and the UK and training of PhD students in conference and workshop organisation, linked to specified research outputs.
• Dr Luciana Cadahia (Lecturer in Political Sociology, Latin American Faculty of
Social Science -FLACSO, Quito, Ecuador)
• Dr Íñigo Errejón Galván (Lecturer at the Universidad Complutense de Madrid,
• Dr Clare Woodford, (Lecturer in Political Theory, University of Brighton)
• Dr Marina Prentoulis (Senior Lecturer in Politics at the University of East Anglia)
• Dr Manuel Canelas is a Deputy in the Bolivian Parliament, and member of the governing party.
• Dr María Antonia Muñoz (Lecturer in History of Ideas and Political Processes and Contemporary Political Theory) at the National University of La Plata, Argentina)
• Dr José Ema López (Lecturer in Social Sciences, University of Castilla-La Mancha, Spain)
• Dr Leticia Sabsay (Fellow in Gender and Culture Studies, London School of Economics)
• Gloria Perelló (Psychoanalyst, Lecturer in Political Theory and Psychoanalysis,Faculty of Philosophy and Arts, University of Buenos Aires)
• Dr Robin Dunford, (Lecturer in Global Politics, University of Brighton),
• Dr Eugene Michail,( Lecturer in Contemporary History, University of Brighton)
• German Primera is a funded doctoral student, from Colombia, on scholarship at
the University of Brighton
• Lars Cornelissen is an AHRC-funded PhD student at the University of Brighton
• Ian Sinclair is a doctoral student at the University of Brighton
• Tim Huzar is funded PhD
• Zeina Maasri is an AHRC-funded student
• Melayna Lamb is a University of Brighton scholarship student
• Florencia Galzerano is a Master’s Degree student, Institute of Social Studies at the National University of San Martin, Argentina.
• Dr Anthony Leaker is a Lecturer in Critical Theory, at the University of Brighton.
• Cecilia Díaz is a PH D student in Social Communication at the National University of La Plata, Argentina.